O brother, where art thou? [sound recording] : [music from a film by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen].
- Universal City, CA : Mercury/Universal Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Coen, Joel and Coen, Ethan
- Po Lazarus (James Carter & the Prisoners) -- Big rock candy mountain (Harry McClintock) -- You are my sunshine (Norman Blake) -- Down to the river to pray (Alison Krauss) -- I am a man of constant sorrow (The Soggy Bottom Boys) -- Hard time killing floor blues (Chris Thomas King) -- I am a man of constant sorrow (Norman Blake) -- Keep on the sunny side (The Whites) -- I'll fly away (Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch) -- Didn't leave nobody but the baby (Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch) -- In the highways (Sarah, Hannah and Leah Peasall) -- I am weary (let me rest) (The Cox Family) -- I am a man of constant sorrow (John Hartford) -- O death (Ralph Stanley) -- In the jailhouse now (The Soggy Bottom Boys) -- I am a man of constant sorrow (TheSoggy Bottom Boys) -- Indian war whoop (John Hartford) -- Lonesome valley (Fairfield Four) -- Angel band (The Stanley Brothers)
- Related Titles:
- O brother, where art thou? (Motion picture)
- Old-time and country music and songs, gospel songs, prison work songs, from the soundtrack of the motion picture of the same name.
CD-ROM portion contains a downloadable screensaver, onscreen access to the audio portion of the CD, and web links to the official movie website, the official soundtrack website, and to a site featuring a preview of a documentary by D.A. Pennebaker about a concert held May 24, 2000 at Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, Tenn. featuring many of the performers on the soundtrack.
Enhanced compact disc.
Program notes, performer biographies ( p. : ports., ill.) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Various performers.
- Technical Details:
- Enhanced CD system requirements. Macintosh (minimum): 68040 processor, 16 Mb RAM, System 7.1 or higher, monitor supporting thousands of colors, double-speed (2x) CD-ROM drive; Macintosh (preferred): Power PC processor, 16 Mb RAM, System 7.5 or higher, monitor supporting thousands of colors, quad-speed (4x) CD-ROM drive or better. PC: Pentium processor, 16 Mb of RAM, Windows 95, monitor supporting thousands of colors, quad-speed (4x) CD-ROM drive or better.
View MARC record | catkey: 2204024