Advancing Culture of Living with Landslides [electronic resource] : Volume 1 ISDR-ICL Sendai Partnerships 2015-2025 / edited by Kyoji Sassa, Matjaž Mikoš, Yueping Yin
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XXVI, 586 p. 372 illus., 350 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Sassa, Kyoji, Mikoš, Matjaž, Yin, Yueping, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- ISDR-ICL Sendai Partnerships 2015-2025 -- The ISDR-ICL Sendai Partnerships 2015-2025: Background and Content -- Forum lectures -- Rupestrian world heritage sites: Instability investigation and sustainable mitigation -- Subaerial landslide-generated waves: Numerical and laboratory simulations -- Rockfall occurrence and fragmentation -- Contribution from signatory organizations of the Sendai Partnerships -- International Consortium on Landslides (ICL) -- International Consortium on Landslides (ICL) - The proposing organization of the ISDR-ICL Sendai partnerships 2015-2025 -- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) -- UNISDR‘s Contribution to Science and Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction and the Role of the International Consortium on Landslides (ICL) -- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) -- UNESCO’s Contribution to the Implementation of UNISDR’s Global Initiative and ICL -- United Nations University (UNU) -- The United Nations University: Research and Policy Support for Environmental Risk Reduction -- World Meteorological Organization (WMO) -- Concerted International Efforts for Advancing Multi-Hazard Early Warning Systems -- International Council for Science (ICSU) -- On Future Challenges for the Integration of Science into International Policy Development for Landslide Disaster Risk Reduction -- World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) -- World Federation of Engineering Organizations Activities in Disaster Risk Reduction -- Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University -- National Civil Protection Department, Italian Presidency of the Council of Ministers, Government of Italy -- Understanding and Reducing Landslide Disaster Risk: Challenges and Opportunities for Italian Civil Protection -- Landslide Dynamics: ISDR-ICL Landslide Interactive Teaching Tools (LITT) -- Progress of the World Report on Landslides -- International Programme on Landslides (IPL): Objectives, History and List of World Centres of Excellence and IPL Projects -- UNESCO-KU-ICL UNITWIN Cooperation Programme for Landslides and Water-Related Disaster Risk Management. Landslides: Journal of the International Consortium on Landslides -- IPL Activities -- Advanced Technologies for Landslides (WCoE 2014-2017, IPL-196, IPL-198) -- Mechanisms of Landslides and Creep in Over-Consolidated Clays and Flysch (WCoE 2014-2017 -- Research on Heavy-Rainfall-Induced and Hydraulic-Driven Geological Hazards in China (WCoE 2014-2017). Landslide Risk Reduction in Croatia: Scientific research in the framework of the WCoE 2014-2017, IPL-173, IPL-184, ICL ABN -- Shapes and Mechanisms of Large-scale Landslides in Japan: Forecasting Analysis from an Inventory (WCoE 2014–2017 -- Retrospective and Prospects for Cold Regions Landslide Research (2012-2016) (WCoE 2014-2017, IPL-132, IPL-167, IPL-203, CRLN -- Large-scale Rockslide Inventories: from the Kokomeren River Basin to the Entire Central Asia Region (WCoE 2014-2017, IPL-106-2) -- Interventions for Promoting Knowledge, Innovations and Landslide Risk Management Practices within South and Southeast Asia (WCoE 2014-2017) -- Promoting a Global Standard for Community-based Landslide Early Warning Systems (WCoE 2014-2017, IPL-158, IPL-165) -- Model Policy Frameworks, Standards and Guidelines on Landslide Disaster Reduction (WCoE 2014-2017) -- Landslide Hazard and Risk Management (WCoE 2014-2017) -- Mitigation of Landslide Hazards in Ukraine under the Guidance of ICL: 2009–2016 (IPL-153, IPL-191) -- Development of a Hazard Evaluation Technique for Earthquake-Induced Landslides Based on an Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) (IPL-154) -- The Croatian-Japanese SATREPS Joint Research Project on Landslides (IPL-161).
- This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license. This volume contains peer-reviewed papers from the Fourth World Landslide Forum organized by the International Consortium on Landslides (ICL), the Global Promotion Committee of the International Programme on Landslides (IPL), University of Ljubljana (UL) and Geological Survey of Slovenia in Ljubljana, Slovenia from May 29 to June 2, 2017. The complete collection of papers from the Forum is published in five full-color volumes. Thisfirst volume contains the following: • Three forum lectures • Background and Content of the Sendai Partnerships 2015–2025 • Contribution from the signatory organizations of the Sendai Partnerships • Landslide Dynamics: ISDR-ICL Landslide Interactive Teaching Tools (LIT T) • Progress of the World Report on Landslides (WRL) • International Programme on Landslides (IPL): Objects, History and List of WCoE/IPL projects • UNESCO-KU-ICL UNITIWIN Network supporting IPL • Landslides: Journal of International Consortium on Landslides • International Programme on Landslides (IPL): WCoEs and IPL Projects • Landslides and Society Prof. Kyoji Sassa is the Founding President of the International Consortium on Landslides (ICL). He is Executive Director of ICL and the Editor-in-Chief of International Journal Landslides since its foundation in 2004. Prof. Matjaž Mikoš is the Forum Chair of the Fourth World Landslide Forum. He is the Vice President of International Consortium on Landslides and President of the Slovenian National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction. Prof. Yueping Yin is the President of the International Consortium on Landslides and the Chairman of the Committee of Geo-Hazards Prevention of China, and the Chief Geologist of Geo-Hazard Emergency Technology, Ministry of Land and Resources, P.R. China. IPL (International Programme on Landslides) is a programme of the ICL. The programme is managed by the IPL Global Promotion Committee including ICL and ICL supporting organizations, UNESCO, WMO, FAO, UNISDR, UNU, ICSU, WFEO, IUGS and IUGG. The IPL contributes to the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction and the ISDR-ICL Sendai Partnerships 2015–2025.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 22063522