Biomaterials : novel concepts and applications / editor: Shay Fisher
- Forest Hills, NY : NY Research Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 242 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Fisher, Shay
- This book discusses the fundamentals as well as modern approaches of biomaterials. It elucidates the concepts and innovative models around prospective developments with respect to this field. Biomaterials are substances produced specifically to be used in biological systems for medical and therapeutic purposes. They are primarily used in repairing, treating, and replacing a tissue. Biomaterials science incorporates elements from medicine, tissue engineering, materials science, biology, etc. This text strives to provide a fair idea about this discipline and to help develop a better understanding of the latest advances within this field. Different approaches, evaluations, methodologies and advanced studies on biomaterials science have been included in it. The book is an essential guide for both academicians and those who wish to pursue this discipline further.
- 1632385279 and 9781632385277
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books; 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 22071098