Meet Mr. Cugat : bringing Latin America to you in music and rhythms, including instructional material for the maracas and other rumba instruments and original songs and caricatures / by Cugat
- New York : Irving Berlin, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (79 pages) : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cugat, Xavier, 1900-1990
- Language Note:
- English and Spanish words. and Staff notation
- Tony's wife = La mujer de Antonio / words by Harold Adamson, music by Burton Lane -- Cielito Lindo = Heavenly lover / C. Fernandez -- Cuba libre (guaracha rhythm) / Eddie Asherman, Xavier Cugat -- Is it taboo? (to fall in love with you) = Fruta prohibida / words by Edgar Leslie, music by Albert Debru -- La Paloma = The dove / Sebastian de Yradier -- La cucaracha / American adaptation by Juan y D'Lorah -- La golondrina = The swallow / N. Serradell -- Cantame Gitana = Play to me, gipsy! (The song I love)] / English version by Jimmy Kennedy, original lyrics by Beda, music by Karel Vacek -- Combre mis violetas = Who'll buy my violets / Jose Padilla -- La serenata del gato = The cats' serenade (Meow! meow! meow!) / Xavier Cugat, Eddie Asherman, Al Stillman -- Novelty rumba / Xavier Cugat -- One night of love = Noche de Amor / words by Gus Kahn, music by Victor Schertzinger -- Adios muchachos = Farewell boys / Julio Sanders -- El Choclo / Angel Gregorio Villoldo -- El Relicario = My toreador / Jose Padilla -- Ay! Ay! Ay! = Wwoe is me / traditional -- Love (your spell is everywhere) = Amor es embrujamiento / words by Elsie Janis, music by Edmund Goulding -- La Cumparsita (the masked one) / G.H. Matos Rodriguez -- La Cumparsita = The masked one / G.H. Matos Rodriguez -- One night in Napoli = Noche de Napoles / Allan Ingram, Franz Vienna, Horatio Nicholls.
- For voice and piano (some for piano solo), with chord indications and guitar chord diagrams., Cover title., Includes section on how to play instruments: maracas, bongos, guiro and claves; includes rhythmic notation of different stylistic patterns -- pages 2-5; other instruments briefly described on page 72., Includes section on how to dance the rumba, conga, and tango, with photographs of Raul and Eva Reyes: pages 6-7., Includes photos of scenes from the Columbia picture "You were never lovelier" starring Fred Astaire and Rita Hayworth, with Xavier Cugat's Orchestra, page 40-41., and Some illustrations are drawings by Xavier Cugat.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copies: Purchased from: Bolerium Books; 2017. and Purchased with funds from the Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts; 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 22071328