The liquidation of the church / Kees de Groot
- Groot, C. N. de (Cornelis Nicolaas), 1966-
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, an imprint of the Taylor & Francis Group, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- x, 191 pages ; 24 cm.
- Routledge new critical thinking in religion, theology and biblical studies
- Religion in liquid modernity -- What's going on? -- An organizational perspective -- Parish and beyond: ecclesial maneuvers in fluidity -- A solid church enters liquid modernity -- The modern parish dealing with choice -- Movements and events: ambivalence towards liquid modernity -- Losing control: ecclesial initiatives within the secular sphere -- God in the living: celebrating mass through the television screen -- The Christian tradition on the spiritual market -- Spiritual care: the devastating success of chaplaincy -- The world takes over: the use of religion in the secular sphere -- The religious co-production of mental health care -- Private matters: the presentation of religion in a museum -- Playing with religion in contemporary theatre -- The liquidation of the church.
- 9781472477866 hardback alkaline paper
1472477863 hardback alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22071451