An essay on the advantage of a polite education joined with a learned one
- Philpot, Stephen
- Additional Titles:
- Binder's title: Polited education
- London : Printed for the author and sold by W. Russel at Horace's Head, outside Temple-Bar, MDCCXLVII 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 116 pages ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Russel, William, active 1742-1768
- Dedication signed: Stephen Philpot.
Title page vignette; head-pieces.
Signatures: a-b⁴ B-P⁴ Q².
Rare Books copy: Bound in contemporary full red goatskin; boards decorated with gilt tooling enclosing a large central lozenge; gilt decorations on board edges and turn-ins; gilt-decorated spine in 6 compartments; black morocco spine label, decorated and lettered in gilt; marbled endpapers; gilt edges. Binder's title: Polite education.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts; 2017.
Rare Books copy: Purchased from Rulon-Miller Books; 2017.
Purchased with funds from the Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts; 2017
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English short title catalogue, T70157
- Endowment Note:
- Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts
View MARC record | catkey: 22071667