JPRS Report. Near East & South Asia [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages
- Near East and South Asia (1987-1994) ; JPRS-NEA-93-007
- Libya Welcomes 400 Palestinians From Tunis -- PRC Improves Trade Ties To Gulf -- Egyptian General on Regional Military Issues by Egyptian Chief of Staff Salah Halabi -- Banks Report Opposition to Arms Controls by Taj-al-Din 'Abd-al-Haqq -- Gulf Budget Deficits To Continue Through 1996 by Dr. Jasim al-Muna'i -- Talks With EC Officials To Seek More Aid -- Shaykh Claims Poor Treatment of U.S. Muslims by Shaykh Yusuf al-Badri -- Naval Exercise Incorporates Desert Storm Lessons by Jamal Kamal -- Minister Gives Oil Production, Consumption Figures by Halah al-Shuqayri -- Minister Reports Drop in Birthrate by Nisrin 'Azab -- Overview of Food Security Issues by Hanan 'Uthman -- Social Fund To Finance Nile Protection Project by 'Isam al-Shaykh -- Inflation Blamed on Economic Embargo by Mustafa Mahdi Husayn of al-Basrah University -- General Husayn Kamil, Oil Minister Interviewed by presidential adviser General Husayn Kamil Hasan, Oil Minister Usamah 'Abd-al-Razzaq al-Hiti -- Minister on Oil, Gas Production, Consumption by Salah al-'Abd -- Minister Speaks About Transportation Crisis by AL-'IRAQ correspondent -- Babylonian, Chaldean Finds Reported by Director of the Bureau of Antiquities Dr. Qasim Radi Hanin -- Merchants Called Ungrateful, Greedy by Ghazi al-'Ayyash -- Islamic Action Front -- Awakening Party -- Phosphate Exports Last Year Up 5 Percent Over 1991 -- Voting, Political Rights for Women Discussed by Jasim al-Shimari -- Economic Activity Distribution Nationwide by A.B. -- Reorganization Planned by Muhammad Ahmad al-Hasan -- Former Commander Interviewed by former Sudanese Army commander Lieutenant General Fathi Ahmad 'Ali -- Summer Offensive Goals Outlined -- Nonoil Foreign Trade Rises During 1991 by Shafiq al-Asadi -- Small Banks Face Tough Regulation by Taj-al-Din 'Abd-al-Haqq -- Report Reveals MINURSO Expenditures -- Islamic Center Director Calls For Unity in U.S. -- Tehran To Host International Science-Tech Congress -- German Banks Provide Conditional Loans -- Information Minister on Cultural Attacks -- Country Called True Advocate of Human Rights -- Mailes Deputy Discusses Good Treatment of Kurds -- 'Adeli Denies Resignation Report -- Dr Zare on Open Universities, Scholars by Mehrdad Balali -- Progress in Status of Women Noted -- More Funds Needed To Boost Applied Research -- Production Capacity of Oil Industry Detailed by Adabi -- Rise Noted in Power Generation -- Arak Aluminum Factory Inaugurated -- Power Generation Up by 4 Percent -- Sarakhs Becoming Free Commercial Region -- Iranian Smugglers Arrested on Border -- Imported Blood Cause of AIDS in Iran.
- Report Numbers:
- PREX 7.13:
- Document Date: 1/13/1993.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 22076682