JPRS Report. Soviet Union. Political Affairs [electronic resource].
- [Arlington Va.] : [publisher not identified], 1989.
- Physical Description:
- 98 pages : tables
- Soviet Union. Political affairs (1987-1991) ; JPRS-UPA-89-031
- Moscow Gorkom Official Interviewed am Party Work by A.Ya. Nemtinov -- First Secretary Solovyev Leningrad Obkom 10 March Plenum Speech -- Alma-Ata Voters Polled on Pre-Election Campaign -- Mazurov Interviewed on Party Work under Former Leaders by CPSU Central Committee Politburo member Kirill Trofimovich Mazurov -- Preliminary Census Results Published by State Committee for Statistics -- MVD Researcher Assesses Progress Against Racketeering by A. Gurov -- Flaws in Character Defamation Law Examined by S.I. Gusev -- USSR CriMe Rates, 1964-1988 -- BSSR Crime Trends Examined -- Usatov, Yusupov, Safarov Discuss Uzbek Law, Order Issues by Uzbek SSR Procurator D.A. Usatov, Uzbek SSR Academy of Sciences Vice President E.Yu. Yusupov -- Officials Review Perceived Weaknesses in Uzbek Legal System -- Armenian Procurators Review 1988 Performance Shortcomings -- Internal Affairs Minister on Armenian Crime Statistics by Armenian Minister of Internal Affairs U.S. Arutyunyan -- Kazakh SSR MVD Minister Knyazev on Militia, Organized Crime, Corruption by G. N. Knyazev -- ESSR CC Journal Editor Defends Controversial PRAVDA Article by L. Annus -- Estonian Party Budget Expenditures Detailed -- Estonian National Groups, People's Forum Reprove 'Intermovement' by Council of the Estonian People's Forum and the National Cultural Societies -- Charter of Latvian International Front Adopted -- Sakalauskas on Local, State Understanding of Regional Khozraschet by Vitautas Sakalaskas -- MSSR Official Discusses Preparations for Regional Khozraschet by V.G. Kulyrkin -- LiSSR CP CC Secretary Zaykauskas Interviewed on Khozraschet Independence by B. Zaykauskas -- Anatolian CP Administrative Structure Seen as Institutionalized Bureaucracy by Zoriy Balayan -- ArSSR: Gorkom First Secretary on Dilizhan Reconstruction Program by R. A. Mnatsakanyan -- Armenian Finance Minister on Quake Victim Compensation Progress by Dzh. A. Dzhanoyan -- ArSSR: Labor Commission Chairman on Post-Crisis Workforce Normalization by I. Semenov -- Official on Role of Armenian Cooperatives in Post-Quake Recovery by A. Shushyan -- Explanation of Events Leading to Trial of AzSSR 'Cotton Mafia' by Talekh Gamid -- Baku Higher Party School Roundtable on Interethnic Relations -- Readers Demand More Kirghiz Language Use -- Military Request Improved Russian Language Teaching -- Nationalities Commission Discusses Language Question -- Newspaper Circulation Growth Reflects Glasnost -- KGB Chief Highlights Anti-Soviet Activity in KiSSR by Vladimir Akksandrovich Ryabokon -- PRAVDA Reports on Tadjik Earthquake Relief Work by O. Latifi -- Support for Tajik as Official Republic Language Noted by Rakhim Khtshimov -- Tajik Commission Proposals on Language Issue -- UzSSR: Nishanov on Relationship of Foodstuffs, Cotton Production to Ecology by Rafik Nishanovich Nishanov -- Cotton as Income Producer Stressed by Kh. Radzhapova -- Agricultural Efficiency, Diversification Urged by V. Lev, D. Khasanov -- Cotton Planing Seen as Detrimental by Narbay Khudaybergenov.
- Document Date: 5/19/1989.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chester, Vt. : NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS) Reports subscribers.
- Copyright 2013 by NewsBank, inc. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 22076731