Fourth down in Dunbar / David A. Dorsey
- Dorsey, David A., 1972-
- Gainesville, FL : University Press of Florida, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 199 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Driven by Deion -- 2.Safety Hill -- 3.Raising Their Hands -- 4.Dunbar's Dynamics -- 5.Wright and Wrong -- 6.Before Prime -- 7.Tape's Time -- 8.Prime's Time -- 9.Jammi's Journey -- 10.Kearse -- 11.Anthony Ascends -- 12.Being Earnest -- 13.Revelation in Atlanta -- 14.Mario's Mission -- 15.Terrence Triumphs -- 16.Noel Devine -- 17.The Tragic Death of Sean Taylor -- 18.Leaving Left Corner.
- "Fourth Down in Dunbar tells the story of how one community, plagued by drugs and violence, where many children are fatherless, gives rise to an incredible number of stellar youth athletes. Using [Deion] Sanders as the centerpiece of the story, David Dorsey explores Dunbar's history to show how the same drug culture that ruined so many promising futures also serves as motivation for football success"--
- 9780813060194 (hardcover)
- Ronald A. Smith Sports History Book Collection.
View MARC record | catkey: 22077943