Time Perspective [electronic resource] : Theory and Practice / edited by Aleksandra Kostić, Derek Chadee
- London : Palgrave Macmillan UK : Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 397 pages 7 illustrations, 2 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Kostić, Aleksandra, Chadee, Derek, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1. Time Perspective and Financial Health: To Improve Financial Health, Traditional Financial Literacy Skills are not Sufficient. Understanding Your Time Perspective Is Critical; Philip Zimbardo, Nicholas Clements & Umbelina Rego Leite -- Chapter 2. A Valid, Reliable New Factor of Time Perspective: The Expanded Present (XPTP); Zara M. Zimbardo, Rose McDermott & Philip G. Zimbardo -- Chapter 3. Balanced Time Perspective: Developing Empirical Profile and Exploring its Stability Over Time; Britt Wiberg, Anna Sircova, Marie Wiberg & Maria G. Carelli -- Chapter 4. Balanced Time Perspective: Many Questions and Some Answers; Antanas Kairys, Audronė Liniauskaitė, Albinas Bagdonas & Vilmantė Pakalniškienė -- Chapter 5. Balancing Own Time Perspective from Aerial View: Metacognitive Processes in Temporal Framing; Maciej Stolarski & Joanna Witowska -- Chapter 6. Hugging the Past: Way We Are and Judge Ourselves; Aleksandra Kostić, Marija Pejičić & Derek Chadee -- Chapter 7. Assessment Techniques in the Study of Time Perspective and Subjective Time: From Qualitative to Quantitative Assessment; Victor E.C. Ortuño, Maria Paula Paixão & Isabel Nunes Janeiro -- Chapter 8. Time Perspective and Cannabis Use: Why and How more Complex than we Think; Nicolas Fieulaine -- Chapter 9. Use of Time: Time Perspective Intervention of Motivation Enhancement; Thea Peetsma, Ineke van der Veen & Jaap Schuitema -- Chapter 10. Temporal Focus in Psychotherapy: Clinical Tales of Past, Present and Future; Elena Kazakina & Wessel van Beek -- Chapter 11. Extending Future Time Perspective Theory through Episodic Future Thinking Research: Multi-disciplinary Approach to Thinking about the Future; Jenefer Husman & Jonathan C. Hilpert -- Chapter 12. The Influences of Time Perspectives on Academic Procrastination; Jasmina Nedeljković & Lazar Vrkatić -- Chapter 13. Putting Time into Time Perspective; Blaze Aylmer -- Chapter 14. Future Orientation and Psychological Well-being in Adolescence: Two Multiple-step Models; Rachel Seginer -- Chapter 15. Who was the Child Before It was Born? Prenatal time perspective; Wessel van Beek.
- This book focusses on the theory and application of ‘time perspective theory’. Time perspective can be an important factor in determining psychological well-being and the way we see our world and others around us. The unique contemporary nature of this theory’s evolution has spurred great interest over the last 20 years. The editors responded to this interest by bringing together contributors across a multitude of subjects and perspectives to facilitate an unprecedented discussion on the topic; covering areas such as financial health, psychotherapy across adulthood and old age, prenatal past, metacognition, community and change, fear of crime and intrinsic motivations. The interdisciplinary nature of this project makes it of interest to a wide cross-section of academics and practitioners including psychologist, social workers, criminologists and anyone who has or wishes to adopted time perspective theorization to assist them in their understanding.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 22078077