Mitochondrial DNA and Diseases [electronic resource] / edited by Hongzhi Sun, Xiangdong Wang
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- VII, 230 pages 89 illustrations, 62 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Sun, Hongzhi, Wang, Xiangdong, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- How far can mitochondrial DNA drive the disease? -- Mitochondrial DNA in lung cancer -- Approach, application and bioethics of mtDNA sequencing in cancer -- Roles of mitochondrial DNA signaling in immune responses -- Mitochondrial DNA in Telocytes -- Roles of mitochondrial DNA in energy metabolism -- The role of base excision repair in maintaining mitochondrial DNA stability.- Is mitochondrial cell fragility a cell weakness? -- Mitochondrial DNA methylation and related disease -- Beyond deubiquitylation: USP30-mediated regulation of mitochondrial homeostasis -- Metabolic regulation in mitochondria and drug resistance.- Mitochondrial Lon Protease and Cancer -- Regulatory roles of mitochondrial ribosome in lung diseases and single cell biology.-Epithelial mitochondrial dysfunction in lung disease.
- The book describes molecular principles and mechanisms by which mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) can drive the occurrence of diseases and the latest understanding of mtDNA biology. The book explores roles of mtDNA mutation and genetic changes in cancer, with a special focus on lung cancer, and the significance of approach, application, and bioethics of mtDNA sequencing. Authors made a great effort to overview roles of mtDNA signaling pathways, base excision repair, methylation, USP30-mediated regulation, mitochondrial ribosome, autophagy pathways, or ROS-dependent signaling in the pathogenesis, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases. It also demonstrates the importance of basic mitochondrial genetics and the relationship between mutations and disease phenotypes and ageing. This book covers not only the basic information of mtDNA, the relationship of mtDNA and disease, but also mtDNA in stem cell and mitochondria and metabolism etc. The book is written for biological and clinical students and researchers in the field of mtDNA–associated diseases.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 22078430