Managing investor relations [electronic resource] : strategies for effective communication / Alexander Laskin
- Laskin, Alexander
- [New York, N.Y.] (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (91 pages) : digital file
- Corporate communications collection
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Chapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. What is investor relations -- Chapter 3. Investor relations: past -- Chapter 4. Investor relations: present -- Chapter 5. Legal environment -- Chapter 6. Ethics and professionalism -- Chapter 7. Main activities -- Chapter 8. Focus on relationship building -- Chapter 9. Focus on extended disclosure -- Chapter 10. Focus on nonfinancial information -- Chapter 11. Future of investor relations -- About the author -- Notes -- References -- Index.
- This book gives you an introduction to investor relations. Despite being a very young profession, investor relations today is widely recognized as one of the most important corporate communication functions. Whether you are a student considering employment in investor relations, a professional considering a career change to investor relations, or an investor relations officer looking for ways to improve performance, this book will provide you with answers to your questions. First, the book discusses what investor relations is. Second, the book looks at the environment in which investor relations operates: the history of the profession, laws and regulations that govern the practice, and professional and ethical obligations of the investor relations officers. Third, the book describes the job functions of investor relations: from day-today tactical activities to big-picture strategies. Finally, the book suggests what the future of investor relations will look like and how it will affect the investor relations officers of tomorrow.
- 9781606490815 (electronic bk.)
1606490818 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -88) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 22079845