Academic ethos management [electronic resource] : building the foundation for integrity in management education / Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch
- Stachowicz-Stanusch, Agata
- [New York, N.Y.] (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2012.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (xviii, 266 pages) : digital file
- Principles of responsible management education collection
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Acknowledgments -- Introduction -- 1. The erosion of academic ethos quo vadis higher education? -- 2. Discovering and developing the core values of academic ethos -- 3. Enacting the core values of academic ethos -- 4. Communicating core values of academic ethos -- 5. Maintaining core values of academic ethos -- 6. Core values management at the university, insights from USA -- 7. Core values management at the university, insights from international case studies -- 8. Core values management at the world's oldest universities -- 9. Recommendations from cases, toward the concept of academic integrity development by academic ethos management -- 10. Positive academic ethos, the frame for integrity in managerial education -- Conclusion -- Notes -- References -- Index -- Endorsements.
- This topical book constitutes an important part of the debate on the integrity in an academic context as a sine qua non of responsible management education. This discussion in management education occurred partly in reaction to highly publicized corporate scandals and instances of management misconduct that have eroded public faith. Concomitantly, management scholars and educators have begun to question the assumptions underlying the traditional management education, which in their view not only contributed to a recent moral crisis but has also failed to prepare students and executives for coping with the responsible leadership challenges and ethical dilemmas that face managers in contemporary corporations.
- 9781606494578 (electronic bk.) and 9781606494561 (pbk.)
- Part of: 2012 digital library.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 22079963