Strategic management of healthcare organizations : a stakeholder management approach / Jeffrey S. Harrison and Steven M. Thompson
- Strategic management collection, 2150-9646
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- A practical approach to strategic management of healthcare organizations -- Managing for stakeholders -- Strategic direction -- Analysis of the organization and its stakeholders -- Analysis of the external environment -- Strategic factors and performance measures -- Strategic alternative generation and evaluation -- Implementation planning and execution -- About the authors -- Notes -- References -- Index.
- Few industries are buffeted from as many strong forces as healthcare. The industry is highly regulated, thus dramatically increasing costs and sometimes even interfering with the ability to deliver healthcare. New drugs, treatments, and medical technologies are so common that keeping track of them can be overwhelming, and incorporating them into patient care or administration can be costly and complicated. On the social side, different groups have different opinions on any given topic and often the right thing to do depends on your point of view. Third party payers add another level of complexity, and competition adds yet another layer of difficulty as organizations seek to grow patient volume by positioning themselves as distinguished in terms of cost, quality, accessibility, and quality of patient experience.
- 9781606497739 e-book
- Part of: 2014 digital library.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 123-126) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 22080106