Capital budgeting / Sandeep Goel
- Goel, Sandeep, 1975-
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2015.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 217 pages).
- Finance and financial management collection, 2331-0057
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Section 1. Introduction -- 1. Nature of financial management -- Section 2. Capital budgeting decision & appraisal -- 2. Capital budgeting: nature & scope -- 3. Project feasibility -- 4. Project management techniques -- 5. Social-costs benefit analysis -- Section 3. Capital budgeting management -- 6. Time value of money -- 7. Determination of cash flows -- 8. Capital budgeting appraisal methods -- 9. Risk analysis in capital budgeting -- 10. Capital budgeting under capital rationing -- Section 4. Financing decision -- 11. Cost of capital -- Section 5. International perspective -- 12. Capital budgeting for the multinational firms -- 13. Post completion auditing of capital budgeting decision -- 14. Capital investment issues and challenges -- Section 6. Case studies -- 15. Capital budgeting practice of Reliance Industries Ltd. -- 16. Capital budgeting of Indian PSUs -- 17. Capital investment practices of oil sector in India -- Key terms -- Review questions -- Test yourself, problems & solutions -- Bibliography -- Index.
- Capital budgeting is an important pat of the financial management of a business organization. It is a process that business houses use to evaluate an investment project. The decision of whether to accept or deny an investment project is capital budgeting decision. Capital budgeting is important because it determines the long-term economic and financial profitability of any investment project. It lays down the future success of a business. The present book aims to develop not only an understanding of the concepts of capital budgeting but also to provide its practical application to help the students to learn both theory and practice of capital budgeting to be used in the financial management of a business organization. It analyzes the capital budgeting practices of corporate enterprises in India in diverse sectors, on comparative basis in order to provide the readers a better insight into the various issues and challenges regarding capital budgeting management.
- 9781606499870 e-book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 209-210) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 22080154