Marketing your value : 9 steps to navigate your career / Michael Edmondson
- Edmondson, Michael
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2015.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxviii, 169 pages).
- Human resource management and organizational behavior collection, 1946-5645
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Part one. Assess -- 1. Identify your purpose -- 2. Explore your relationship to success -- 3. Assess your skills and traits -- Part two. Brand -- 4. Develop your positioning material -- 5. Create your plan of action -- 6. Manage the chaos -- Part three. Communicate -- 7. Design impressive marketing materials -- 8. Leverage your network -- 9. Conduct an effective interview -- Appendix 1. Reading list - books -- Appendix 2. Reading list - articles -- Appendix 3. Online resources -- Index.
- Marketing your value is relevant for professionals from recent college graduates to senior executives. Today's chaotic global marketplace presents new challenges with each passing day that only the most savvy of professionals will be able to navigate. Global unemployment and underemployment, the digital revolution, and technological advancements are just three of the many dynamics driving today's economy where we have to rethink how we live, work, communicate, and do just about everything else. Navigating the chaos requires a sophisticated strategy that is built upon the paradigm that professional development is directly linked to personal growth. To grow as a professional, therefore, one must increase their self-awareness, build a compelling brand, and then communicate their message in a clear and consistent fashion. Marketing Your Value: 9 Steps to Navigate Your Career explains how professionals can market their value to navigate their career and live a life of purpose. Divided into three sections, this publication offers you an opportunity to assess your personal and professional skills, challenges you to create a compelling personal brand, and helps you develop the communication materials necessary to navigate your career. This Assess, Brand, Communicate (ABC) approach is relevant for undergraduates, recent college graduates, graduate students, entry level professionals, experienced managers, and senior leaders across the globe. Each of the nine steps included in this publication will challenge you to think deeply to increase your self-awareness. With ubiquitous technology surrounding your eyes and ears 24/7, you have few moments of quiet to afford the time for self-reflection. Yet this is an absolute necessity if you are to successfully market your value and navigate your career.
- 9781631572197 e-book and 9781631572180 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 135-150, 155-165) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 22080166