Employee LEAPS : leveraging engagement by applying positive strategies / Kevin E. Phillips
- Phillips, Kevin E.
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2016.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 216 pages).
- Human resource management and organizational behavior collection, 1946-5645
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Part I. Leveraging engagement by applying positive strategies -- 1. The current state -- 2. The three drivers of engagement -- 3. The benefits engaged employees deliver -- Part II. Positively deviant -- 4. Dysfunctional organizations -- 5. From tragedy to triumph -- 6. Starting from scratch -- Part III. Strengthening organizations -- 7. Not just another employee -- 8. Leading with values -- 9. Connecting with new members and visitors -- Part IV. The other side -- 10. Doubters and haters -- 11. Who, what, when, how? -- 12. Letting go and moving on -- Part V. Building your organization's engagement plan -- 13. The pieces of an engagement plan -- 14. Developing your engagement plan -- 15. Finalizing your engagement plan -- Conclusion -- Appendix I. Organization reservations versus department interest -- Appendix II. Applying positive practices -- Employee LEAPS endorsements -- Notes -- References -- Index.
- A recent Gallup Study estimated that 7 in 10 American workers are "actively disengaged" or "not engaged" while at work, costing the economy between $450 and $550 billion per year. This book has been written to increase employee engagement and optimize workplace performance. By harnessing the power of engagement and nurturing people's innate desire to be captivated by the activities in which they are involved, Employee LEAPS has the potential to transform organizations and facilitate remarkable outcomes that extend far beyond what could be achieved otherwise. More specifically, Employee LEAPS presents appropriate perspective on why companies with dedicated employees are more successful, positive strategies that can be used to generate engagement, and most importantly, a step-by-step process for developing your organization's customized Engagement Plan. Additionally, the book presents 47 Positive Engagement Practices that can be used in your organization. If you are interested in increasing employee engagement and optimizing workplace performance, this is the book for you. The author provides astute direction on how to increase organizational capacity and unleash talent, enabling businesses to produce exceptional results.
- 9781631575655 e-book and 9781631575648 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 207-213) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 22080305