Variable speed drives [electronic resource] : principles and applications for energy cost savings / David William Spitzer
- Spitzer, David W.
- [New York, N.Y.] (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Momentum Press, 2012.
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (vii, 213 pages) : illustrations, digital file
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to libraries which purchase an unrestricted PDF download via an IP.
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Electrical basics -- 3. Hydraulic basics -- 4. Chemistry basics -- 5. Instrumentation basics -- 6. Prime utility costs -- 7. Plant utilities -- 8. Application of control valves -- 9. Alternate final control elements -- 10. Variable frequency drive technology -- 11. Control valves vs. variable speed drives -- 12. Typical variable speed drive applications -- 13. Selling a project : the economic approach -- 14. Applications -- 15. HVAC applications -- Bibliography -- Index.
- Variable speed drive technology spans virtually the entire industrial revolution, from the development of the steam engine to modern microprocessor-based electronic motor controllers. Applications of the technology range from miniature motors that can be held in one's hand to pieces of rotating equipment that are considerably larger than the tallest man. Refinements of this technology, fueled in recent years by improved reliability and performance of electronic devices, are occurring at a more rapid pace than ever, resulting in greater performance at lower cost. The net result is a new world of technical and economic opportunity for those who are astute enough to grasp the potential of this technology in its various and sundry forms.
- 9781606503652 (electronic bk.)
1606503650 (electronic bk.)
- "First, second, third editions published by ISA (The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society)."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 205-206) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 22080483