Lost in America / the Geffen Company presents ; written by Albert Brooks & Monica Johnson ; produced by Marty Katz ; directed by Albert Brooks
- [New York, N.Y.] : Criterion Collection, 
- Director-approved DVD special edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (91 min.) : DVD video, sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 insert
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Brooks, Albert, 1947-
Johnson, Monica, 1946-2010
Rubinstein, Arthur B.
Greene, Michael, 1933-
Roswell, Maggie, 1952-
Tarpey, Tom, 1943-
Brown, Ernie, 1914-1997
Frankel, Art, 1928-
Gibb, Donald, 1954-
Geffen Film Company
Criterion Collection (Firm)
- The Criterion collection ; 887
- Language Note:
- In English with optional English subtitles for the hearing-impaired (SDH).
- "In this hysterical satire of Reagan-era values, written and directed by Albert Brooks, a successful Los Angeles advertising executive (Brooks) and his wife (Julie Hagerty) decide to quit their jobs, buy a Winnebago, and follow their Easy Rider fantasies of freedom and the open road"--Container.
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
- Video File Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video region 1
- Form of work:
- Motion pictures
- Audience Notes:
- Rating: R.
- Title from title frame.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1985.
Special features: New conversation with Albert Brooks and filmmaker Robert Weide; new interviews with actor Julie Hagerty, executive producer Herb Nanas, and filmmaker and screenwriter James L. Brooks; trailer; essay by critic Scott Tobias.
Includes folded leaf with detailed plot description and credits.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music, Arthur B. Rubinstein ; editor, David Finfer ; director of photography, Eric Saarinen.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Albert Brooks, Julie Hagerty, Michael Greene, Garry K. Marshall, Maggie Roswell, Tom Tarpey, Ernie Brown, Joey Coleman, Art Frankel, Donald Gibb.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; region 1; NTSC; widescreen (1.85:1); Dolby Digital monaural.
View MARC record | catkey: 22080945