Health and health care concerns among women and racial and ethnic minorities / edited by Jennie Jacobs Kronenfeld
- Bingley, UK : Emerald Publishing, 2017.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 304 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kronenfeld, Jennie J.
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I INTRODUCTION TO VOLUME -- Health, Health Care, And Women And Racial And Ethnic Minorities / Jennie Jacobs Kronenfeld -- pt. II WOMEN AND REPRODUCTIVE RELATED HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE CONCERNS -- The Relationship Of Pregnancy Intentions To Breastfeeding Duration: A New Evaluation / Allison Pope Burger -- Taking Insurance In Abortion Care: Policy, Practices, And The Role Of Poverty / Brenly Rowland -- The Patient-Healthcare Worker Relationship: How Does It Affect Patient Views Towards Vaccination During Pregnancy? / Heidi Larson -- An Examination Of State-Level Mandates For Insurance Coverage On Health-Seeking Behaviors For Infertility / Nicole Maki Weller -- pt. III HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONERS AND HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE -- Bearing The Burden Of Care: Emotional Burnout Among Maternity Support Workers / Louise Marie Roth -- "Lost In Translation": How Clinicians Make Sense Of Structural Barriers To Diabetes Care Among Us Latinos With Limited English Proficiency / Alicia Fernandez -- Racial Residential Segregation And The Distribution Of Auxiliary Health Care Practitioners Across Urban Space / Kathryn Freeman Anderson -- pt. IV RACIAL AND ETHNIC MINORITIES AND HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE -- Nativity, Race-Ethnicity, And Dual Diagnosis Among Us Adults / Karthikeyan Meganathan -- Hypertension Experiences Of Black Men: A Critical Narrative Study / Debbie Laliberte Rudman -- Influence Of Healthcare Utilization And Social Characteristics On Health Outcomes Among Elderly Asian Americans: A Structural Equation Analysis / Jacob Chao-Lun Huang -- Behavioral Functioning Among Mexican-Origin Children: The Roles Of Parental Legal Status And The Neighborhood Context / Nancy S. Landale -- Do You Want To See A Doctor For That? Contextualizing Racial And Ethnic Differences In Care-Seeking / Denise L. Anthony -- Changing Patterns Of Female Smoking: A Comparison Of Workers And Full-Time Homemakers By Class, Race, And Community Type / Patricia Drentea.
- This volume covers macro- and micro-level issues involving health and health care concerns for women, and racial and ethnic minorities. The book includes an examination of health and health care issues of patients/providers of care especially those related to concerns for women and for racial and ethnic minorities in different countries.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Karl R. and Diane Wendle Fink Libraries Collections Endowment; 2017
- Endowment Note:
- Karl R. and Diane Wendle Fink Libraries Collections Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 22082350