A glorious freedom : older women leading extraordinary lives / [edited by] Lisa Congdon
- San Francisco : Chronicle Books, 
- Physical Description:
- 152 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Congdon, Lisa
- The swell : an essay / by Caroline Paul -- Profile of Beatrice Wood -- Interview with Jennifer Hayden -- Profile of Vera Wang -- Interview with Christy Turlington Burns -- Profile of Louise Bourgeois -- Because love let me be : an essay / by Jennifer Maerz -- Interview with Emily Kimball -- Profile of Sensei Keiko Fukuda -- Roaring over the tiptoe : an essay / by Heather Armstrong -- Interview with Stephanie Young -- Profile of Laura Ingalls Wilder -- The unexpected exhilarating freedom of being single at 41 : an essay / by Glynnis MacNicol -- Profile of Minnie Pwerle -- Interview with Paola Gianturco -- Profile of Julia Child -- True roots : an essay / by Ronnie Citron-Fink -- Profile of Mary Delany -- Interview with Cheryl Strayed -- Profile of Sister Madonna Buder -- Interview with Zoe Ghahremani -- Girl, you don't know nothing : an essay / by Tara Rodden Robinson -- Profile of Carmen Herrera -- Interview with Fay Westenhofer -- Profile of Helen Gurley Brown -- Interview with Della Wells -- Profile of Angela Morley -- When they arrived : an essay / by Shauna James Ahern -- Profile of Eva Zeisel -- Interview with Ilona Royce Smithkin -- Profile of Anna Arnold Hedgeman -- Interview with Debbie Millman -- Profile of Grandma Moses -- Interview with Dara Torres -- Profile of Katherine Johnson -- Are you with me? : an essay / by Chrissy Loader -- Profile of Marguerite Duras -- Interview with Betty Reid Soskin.
- "Author and artist Lisa Congdon explores the power of women growing older and thriving. From bestselling authors Cheryl Strayed and Caroline Paul, to super-model-turned-activist Christy Turlington and Advanced Style icon Ilona Smithkin, essays by and interviews with individuals who have changed careers, found creative fulfillment, discovered new loves, demonstrated athletic prowess, and rejoiced in a true sense of self; profiles of women in history who accomplished incredible things at an older age; and honest quotations from a diverse field of inspirational figures, are all lavishly illustrated in Congdon's signature style." -- Back cover.
- 9781452156200 hardcover alkaline paper
1452156204 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 22083081