Physics of Solid Surfaces [electronic resource]: Subvolume A
- Benedek, G.
- New York : Springer Sept. 2015
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 750 p. ill 27.000 x 019.300 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Chiarotti, Gianfranco
Bertoni, C. M.
Feenstra, R. M.
Gladys, M. J.
Hla, S. W.
O'Connor, D. J.
Toennies, J. P.
- Landolt-Börnstein: Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology - New Ser. 45A
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation The reader will get an overview of the past and present research in all fields of Surface Science. Readers not familiar with a given field will benefit from the tutorial character of the Introductions, as a rule present in every chapter. Throughout the book emphasis is mainly given to clean surfaces although sometimes adsorbate-covered surfaces are also accounted for. Many readers will be particularly interested in chapters dealing with recently developed topics (graphene, nanotubes, metal oxides, solid-liquid interfaces, theoretical simulations, manipulation of atoms at surfaces with the methods of scanning probe microscopy, Casimir effect, etc.), for which research is continuously evolving. As it is customary in the LB Series, the results obtained in a given field are quoted as thoroughly as possible. The most relevant among them are presented in the form of figures (or tables), and comments or comparisons with other results are usually provided.
3662477351 (Trade Cloth)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Springer
View MARC record | catkey: 22086656