The evolution of U.S. military policy from the Constitution to the present / Gian Gentile, Michael E. Linick, Michael Shurkin
- Gentile, Gian P.
- Additional Titles:
- Evolution of US military policy from the Constitution to the present and Evolution of United States military policy from the Constitution to the present
- Santa Monica, Calif. : RAND Corporation, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 73 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Linick, Michael E., Shurkin, Michael Robert, United States. Department of the Army, Arroyo Center. Strategy, Doctrine, and Resources Program, Arroyo Center. Army Research Division, and Rand Corporation
- Research report ; RR-1759-A
- Introduction -- The constitutional moorings for the evolution of U.S. military policy -- The 19th century system -- From the Spanish-American war to total war -- From the Korean War to total force policy -- Conclusion -- Annex: Legislation pertaining to the evolution of U.S. military policy.
- 9780833097866 (paperback) and 0833097865 (paperback)
- "Prepared for the United States Army"--Title page., "This research was sponsored by Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) G8, Army Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR) Office, and conducted within the RAND Arroyo Center's Strategy, Doctrine, and Resources Program." -- Page iii., "RAND Arroyo Center, part of the RAND Corporation, is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the United States Army." --Page iii., and "The Project Unique Identification Code (PUIC) for the project that produced this document is RAN157253." -- Page iv.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 63-73).
- Funding Information:
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Army RAN157253
View MARC record | catkey: 22088356