Handbook of research on entrepreneurial development and innovation within smart cities / Luisa Cagica Carvalho, Universidade Aberta, Portugal & CEFAGE - Universidade de Évora, Portugal
- Hershey, Pennsylvania : IGI Global, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxv, 661 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Carvalho, Luisa Cagica, 1970- and IGI Global
- Advances in environmental engineering and green technologies (AEEGT) book series
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems: Lisbon as a smart start-up city / Luísa Cagica Carvalho -- Smart citizens, wise decisions: sustainability-driven tourism entrepreneurs / Maria de Lurdes Calisto, Ana Gonçalves -- Digital swarms: social interaction and emergent phenomena in personal communications networks / Carlos M. Fernandes, Ivo Dias de Sousa -- The triple helix model: evidence in the internationalization of the health industry / André Magrinho, Joana Neves, Joaquim Ramos Silva -- From tangible heritage to intangible heritage: dimensions of the cultural tourism / Nuno Gustavo, Fernando Completo, Fernando João Reis -- Creative industries in the smart city: overview of a liability in emerging economies / Cristobal Collignon de Alba, Jürgen Haberleithner, Maricela Mireya Reyes López -- Local creative ecosystems as a strategy for the development of low-density urban spaces / Jorge M. Gonçalves, Tiago Galvão Martins, Inês Baudoin Vilhena da Cunha -- Smart environment: cyber parks (connecting nature and technology) / Tihana Brkljacic, Filip Majetic, Bozidar Niksa Tarabic -- Smartness, city efficiency, and entrepreneurship milieu / Luigi Mundula, Sabrina Auci -- Proximity and cooperation for innovative regional development: the case of the science and technology park of Alentejo / Maria Raquel Lucas, Conceição Rego, Carlos Vieira, Isabel Vieira -- Cities really smart and inclusive: possibilities and limits for social inclusion and participation / Cristina Maria Pinto Albuquerque -- Sustainability in smart cities: the case of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain) -- a commitment to a new urban paradigm / Dolores Gallardo Vázquez, María Teresa Nevado Gil -- Exploring the dynamics of an energy service venture / Carlos Capelo -- Smart city governance: from e-government to smart governance / Maria do Rosário Matos Bernardo -- Building smarter cities through social entrepreneurship / Susana Bernardino, J. Freitas Santos -- Methodologies for engineering learning and teaching (MELT): an overview of engineering education in Europe and a novel concept for young students / Bárbara Filipa Casqueira Coelho Gabriel, Robertt Valente, João Dias-de-Oliveira, Victor F.S. Neto, António Andrade-Campos -- The perception of the effect of tourism on the local community before the Ibiza Smart Island project / María Dolores Sánchez-Fernández, José Ramon Cardona -- A qualitative analysis of social entrepreneurship involving social innovation and intervention / Vera Fernandes, António Carrizo Moreira, Ana Isabel Daniel -- The role corporate social responsibility has in the Smart City project in Spain / Ma Asunción López-Arranz -- Cooperatives as responsible and innovative entrepreneurial ecosystems in smart territories: the olive oil industry in the south of Spain / Francisca Castilla-Polo, Dolores Gallardo-Vázquez, M. Isabel Sánchez-Hernández, María del Consuelo Ruiz-Rodriguez -- Smart tourism development: the case of Halkidiki / Spyros Avdimiotis, Irene Tilikidou -- Evaluation of a mobile software development company / Rodrigo Augusto Peres Velozo, Gustavo Kimura Montanha -- Strategic challenges of the Portuguese molds industry: a sectoral innovation perspective / António Carrizo Moreira, Miguel A. M. M. Ferreira -- A smart city initiative: urban greens and evaluation method of the sport and recreation potentials (SEM) / Anna Pawlikowska-Piechotka, Natalia Lukasik, Anna Ostrowska-Tryzno, Karolina Sawicka.
- "[This book] is a comprehensive reference source that discusses social, economic, and environmental issues surrounding the evolution of smart cities. It provides insightful viewpoints on a range of topics such as entrepreneurial ecosystems, competitive tourism, city efficiency, corporate social responsibility, and smart destinations. This publication is ideal for all researchers, academics, and practitioners that wish to expand their knowledge on the emerging trends and topics involving smart cities"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781522519799 (electronic bk.) and 1522519793 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books; 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 22088627