An essay on the causes of the variety of complexion and figure in the human species [electronic resource] : To which are added, animadversions on certain remarks made on the first edition of this essay, by Mr. Charles White, ... Also, Strictures on Lord Kaims' discourse on the original diversity of mankind. And an appendix. / By Samuel Stanhope Smith, D.D. L.L.D. ...
- Smith, Samuel Stanhope, 1750-1819
- New Brunswick [N.J.] : Published by J. Simpson and Co. and Brannan and Morford, Philadelphia; and E. Morford, Willington, and Co. Charleston (S.C.) L. Deare, printer, 1810.
- The second edition....enlarged and improved.
- Physical Description:
- 411 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 23 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Deare, Lewis, 1780?-1817, Brannan and Morford, E. Morford, Willington & Co., and J. Simpson and Co.
- Copyright 1810 by Josiah Simpson and Churchill Houston. and "Appendix. Of the natural bravery and fortitude of the American Indians ..."--p. -411.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography, 21369, Austin, R.B. Early Amer. medical imprints, 1777, and Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 9548
View MARC record | catkey: 22088956