Social capital, migration, ethinic diversity and economic performance : multidisciplinary evidence from South-East Europe / Adnan Efendic, Bojana Babic & Anna Rebmann
- Introduction to social capital specifics of the SEE region / Adnan Efendic, Bojana Babic and Anna Rebmann -- Social capital, migration, ethnic diversity and economic performance in the literature / Bojana Babic, Adnan Efendic and Anna Rebmann -- Social capital in periods of crisis and normality: Empirical investigation from Bosnia and Herzegovina / Adnan Efendic -- Social capital and migration: A qualitative investigation from the SEE region / Bojana Babic -- Social capital and ethnic diversity: A qualitative investigation from the SEE region / Bojana Babic -- Ethnic diversity and economic performance of individuals and households in a postconflict environment: Evidence from Bosnia and Herzegovina / Adnan Efendic -- Rebuilding SEE region through different forms of social capital / Adnan Efendic, Bojana Babic and Anna Rebmann.
- This interdisciplinary book presents empirical evidence that social capital is an important building block in the reintegration processes, migration challenges and economic dynamism of the SEE communities. Such a conclusion opposes the common belief that (re)establishing social relations in a post-ethnic conflict environment is very difficult. In these societies, trust in people and institutions remains low, but it is often replaced with other forms of sical capital emerging on a daily basis, within and between different population strata, either formally but often informally--back cover.
- Social capital (Sociology)—Europe, Eastern
- Social capital (Sociology)—Europe, Southern
- Cultural pluralism—Economic aspects—Europe, Eastern
- Cultural pluralism—Economic aspects—Europe, Southern
- Cultural pluralism—Economic aspects
- Emigration and immigration—Economic aspects
- Social capital (Sociology)
- Europe, Southern—Emigration and immigration—Economic aspects
- Europe, Eastern—Emigration and immigration—Economic aspects
- Europe, Eastern
- Europe, Southern
- 3034327722 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -175) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22089157