Escape to paradise : the Hollywood album
- Additional Titles:
- Hollywood album
- Berlin : Deutsche Grammophon, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Hope, Daniel, 1974-
Shelley, Alexander, 1979-
Bateman, Paul (Musician)
Heifetz, Jascha, 1901-1987
Freed, Arthur, 1894-1973
Zemlinsky, Alexander, 1871-1942
Kaper, Bronislaw, 1902-1983
Rózsa, Miklós, 1907-1995. Selections
Korngold, Erich Wolfgang, 1897-1957
Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Mario, 1895-1968
Hupfeld, Herman, 1894-1951
Zeisl, Eric, 1905-1959
Waxman, Franz, 1906-1967
Jurmann, Walter, 1903-1971
Weill, Kurt, 1900-1950
Williams, John, 1932-
Newman, Thomas, 1955-
Heymann, Werner Richard, 1896-1961
Eisler, Hanns, 1898-1962
Deutsches Kammerorchester Berlin. Quintet
Konsertföreningens orkester (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Language Note:
- Sung in English (4th, 9th works).
- Love theme : from the film Ben-Hur / Miklós Rózsa ; arranged for solo violin and orchestra by Paul Bateman (3:03) -- Violin concerto in D major, op. 35 / Erich Wolfgang Korngold (24:16) -- Sea murmurs : after "Arise" from 33 Shakespeare songs, op. 24, vol. 6 no. 2 / Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco ; arranged for violin and piano by Jascha Heifetz (2:19) -- The secret marriage / Hans Eisler ; lyrics by GM Sumner : original song title: "An den kleinen Radioapparat", lyrics by Bertold Brecht : from the Hollywooder Liederbuch ; arranged for voice, solo violin and orchestra by Paul Bateman (2:45) -- Love theme : from the film El Cid / Miklós Rózsa ; arranged for solo violin and orchestra by Paul Bateman (4:25) -- Menuchims Lied : from the unfinished opera Hiob / Eric Zeisl (4:16) -- Reminiscences from "Come back, little Sheba" : from the film Come back, little Sheba / Franz Waxman ; arranged for string quintet and piano by Arnold Freed (4:16) -- Tränen in der Geige : from the film Ich will dich Liebe lehren / Walter Jurmann/Bronisław Kaper ; arranged for solo violin, strings, harp and piano by Christian Badzura (2:48) -- Speak low : from the musical One touch of Venus / Kurt Weill ; arranged for voice, solo violin and orchestra by Paul Bateman (3:14) -- Prelude and serenade = Vorspiel und Serenade : from the pantomine Der Schneemann = (The snowman) / Erich Wolfgang Korngold ; orch. by Alexander Zemlinsky (2:35) -- Prelude and love theme : from the film Spellbound / Miklós Rózsa ; arranged for solo violin and orchestra / Paul Bateman (6:38) -- Love theme : from the film Nuovuo cinema paradiso / Ennio Morricone ; arranged for solo violin and orchestra by Paul Bateman (3:27) -- Theme : from Schindler's list / John Williams (3:44) -- American beauty : from the film American beauty / Thomas Newman ; arranged for violin and orchestra by Paul Bateman (3:04) -- Irgendwo auf der Welt : from the film Ein blonder Traum / Werner Richard Heymann ; arranged for solo violin, strings, harp and piano by Christian Badzura (3:23) -- As time goes by : originally written for the musical Everybody's welcome; sung in the film Casablanca : version for solo violin / Herman Hupfeld (2:51).
- Motion picture music—Excerpts, Arranged
- Violin with orchestra, Arranged
- Concertos (Violin)
- Songs—Instrumental settings
- Violin and harp music, Arranged
- Songs with orchestra
- Violin and piano music
- Sextets (Piano, violins (2), viola, cello, double bass)
- Violin with instrumental ensemble, Arranged
- Octets (Piano, harp, violins (3), viola, cello, double bass)
- Musicals—Excerpts, Arranged
- Violin music, Arranged
- Popular music—2011-2020
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Principally excerpts from motion pictures and musicals; arranged for violin with accompaniment of orchestra, piano, or instrumental ensembles; the 4th and 9th works arranged for voice, violin, and orchestra.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Daniel Hope, violin ; Sting (4th work), Max Raabe (9th work), vocals ; Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra, Alexander Shelley, conductor (1st-2nd, 4th-5th, 10th-14th works) ; Jacques Ammon, piano (6th-8th, 15th works) ; Maria Todtenhaupt, harp (3rd, 8th, 15th works) ; Quintet of the Deutsches Kammororchester, Berlin (Chié Peters, Asaf Maoz, violin ; Juan-Lucas Aisemberg, viola ; Christiane Starke, cello ; Jochen Carls, double bass) (7th-8th works).
- Data/Place of Event:
- The 1st-3rd, 5th, 10-14th works recorded 2013 January Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden.
The vocal for track 4 recorded 2013 January Steerpike Studios, Lake House, Wiltshire, England.
The 3rd, 6th-9th,15th-16th works recorded 2013 April 21 Teldex Studio, Berlin, Germany.
View MARC record | catkey: 22089563