Mobile e-Health [electronic resource] / edited by Hannah R. Marston, Shannon Freeman, Charles Musselwhite
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- VI, 306 pages 17 illustrations, 11 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Marston, Hannah R., Freeman, Shannon, Musselwhite, Charles, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Human–Computer Interaction Series, 1571-5035
- Introduction -- mHealth Apps QS -- Games for Health -- Ageing Perspectives to the Barriers and Enablers of Technology Use -- Ethics, Theory & Service Provision -- Privacy & Legal Requirements -- Conclusions. .
- This multi-disciplinary collection of essays captures discussion, thinking and research surrounding the recent surge of interest in how technology can help us as we age. A wide range of topics are covered, from investigations in the use of technology to improve health and well-being, to examinations of digital gaming, mobile health apps and the quantified self in relation to an ageing population. From multi-disciplinary perspectives, this collection highlights the role of a more social approach to technology. As such, a variety of social research methods are used throughout the chapters. The benefits and issues with different approaches are highlighted both in terms of further research, but also so the reader can judge the value of the research for themselves. This collection brings together the latest thinking and cutting edge contemporary research from leading thinkers and academics in the field of human computer interaction, health and gerontology. In taking a social approach, it highlights how technological practices fit within wider gerontological, political and cultural perspectives. It therefore has potential to influence those working in human computer interaction, digital humanities, sociology, psychology and gerontology. It can help change the practice of people working in the health and social care field, in computer and product design, and in the digital and creative industries. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 22090058