Waste Bioremediation [electronic resource] / edited by Sunita J. Varjani, Edgard Gnansounou, Baskar Gurunathan, Deepak Pant, Zainul Akmar Zakaria
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 384 pages 65 illustrations, 39 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Varjani, Sunita J.
Zakaria, Zainul Akmar
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Energy, Environment, and Sustainability, 2522-8366
- Introduction to Waste Bioremediation -- Energy recovery with microbial fuel cells: Bioremediation and bioelectricity -- Bioprocesses for sulphate removal from wastewater -- Microbial depolymerisation -- E-waste management: Bioremediation -- A review on bioremediation potential of vetiver grass -- Organic waste and pollutants reduction through composting -- Role of bacterial consortia in bioremediation of textile recalcitrant compounds -- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from petroleum oil industry activities: Effect on human health and their biodegradation -- Bioreduction of hexavalent chromium using moderate thermophilic and thermophilic -- Mechanism and action of Aureobasidium pullulans on biosorption of metals -- Bioremediation of leachates -- Microbial transformation of heavy metals -- Bioremediation of Lithium ion battery (LIB) waste -- Characterization of leachate and groundwater in and around Saduperi municipal solid waste open dump site, Vellore district, Tamil nadu, India -- Effectiveness of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria in phytoremediation of chromium stressed soils -- Biomining of natural resources -- Anaerobic digestion: Factors affecting anaerobic digestion process -- Biodigester Technology for effective and ecofriendly decomposition of nightsoil.
- This book discusses the bioremediation of both solid and liquid waste, including regional solutions for India as well as globally relevant applications. The topics covered include pollutant reduction through composting, solutions for petroleum refinery waste, use of microorganisms in the bioremediation of industrial waste and toxicity reduction, microbial fuel cells, and microbial depolymerisation. The book also explores the biosorption of metals and the bioremediation of leachates, especially with regard to soil and groundwater remediation. It is a valuable resource for researchers, professionals, and policy makers alike.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 22090487