To be a man is not a one-day job : masculinity, money, and intimacy in Nigeria / Daniel Jordan Smith
- Smith, Daniel Jordan, 1961-
- Chicago : The University of Chicago Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 262 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- From boys to men: learning to love women and money -- Expensive intimacies: courtship, marriage, and fatherhood -- "Money problem": work, class, consumption, and men's social status -- "Ahhheee club": money, intimacy, and male peer groups -- Masculinity gone awry: intimate partner violence, crime, and insecurity -- Becoming an elder, burying one's father.
- 9780226491516 (hardcover alkaline paper)
022649151X (hardcover alkaline paper)
9780226491653 (paperback alkaline paper)
022649165X (paperback alkaline paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22101006