By the Honourable William Greene Esq ; governor and commander in chief, in and over His Majesty's colony of Rhode-Island and Providence-Plantations, in New-England. A proclamation : Whereas His Majesty has been pleased to order five battalions of his forces from Europe to be joined with some other of his regular troops, at Louisbourg, to be employed in the speedy reduction of Canada. ... Given at Newport in the colony aforesaid, the fourth day of June ... 1746 ...
- Corporate Author:
- Rhode Island. Governor (1746-1747 : Greene)
- Uniform Title:
- Proclamation (1746 June 4)
- Additional Titles:
- Proclamation. Whereas His Majesty has been pleased to order five battalions of his forces from Europe ...
- [Newport, R.I.] : [Printed by Ann Franklin], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sheet) : illustrations (relief cut)
- Offering various encouragements, bounties, and immunities to those enlisting in the expedition against Canada.
- Signed: By order of his honour the governor, William Greene. James Martin secretary. God save the King.
Imprint supplied by Alden.
Woodcut of colony seal (Reilly 952) at head.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 5860
Alden, J.E. Rhode Island, 75
View MARC record | catkey: 22101076