Emilio Ambasz : emerging nature : precursor of architecture and design / essays by Barry Bergdoll, Peter Buchanan, Kenneth Frampton, Peter Hall, Fulvio Irace, Dean MacCannell, Lauren Sedofsky ; interviews with Hans Ulrich Obrist, Michael Sorkin, James Wines
- Additional Titles:
- Emerging nature : precursor of architecture and design
- Zürich, Switzerland : Lars Müller Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 309 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), plans ; 30 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ambasz, Emilio. Selections, Bergdoll, Barry, Buchanan, Peter, Frampton, Kenneth, Hall, Peter, 1961-, Irace, Fulvio, MacCannell, Dean, Sedofsky, Lauren, Obrist, Hans Ulrich, Sorkin, Michael, 1948-, and Wines, James, 1932-
- "This comprehensive volume documents the work of the exceptional architect and designer Emilio Ambasz, whose main concern is to integrate nature and construction into architectural design. Ambasz is regarded as one of the most important pioneers of Green Architecture. In his work a combination of landscape and architecture emerges, in which his respect for the environment and ecological sustainability becomes clear. Ambasz, a native of Argentina as well as a Spanish citizen by special grant of 2004, is also well known for his industrial and graphic design accomplishments, which are of immense scope and astounding variety. They range from diesel engines and streetlights, flashlights, and spotlights to portable TV players, flexible pens, fold-out watches, and innovative office chairs. In his time as curator of design at the Museum of Modern Art in New York (1969-1976) he directed and installed numerous influental exhibitions on architecture and industrial design, amongst them Italy : The New Domestic Landscape and The Taxi Project"--Publisher's website.
- 9783037785263 (pbk.) and 3037785268
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22101256