Beyond the call of duty [electronic resource] : Army flight nursing in World War II / Judith Barger
- Barger, Judith, 1948-
- Kent, Ohio : Kent State University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xx, 285 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Prologue -- Origin of Flight Nursing -- Military Air Evacuation Tries Its Wings -- Flight Nurse Training -- From Flight Nurse Graduation to Arrival Overseas -- Flight Nursing on the European Front : North Africa, Sicily, Italy -- Flight Nurses behind Enemy Lines -- Flight Nursing on the European Front : United Kingdom, France, North Atlantic -- Flight Nurse Prisoner of War -- Flight Nursing on the Pacific Front : Pacific Islands -- Flight Nursing on the Pacific Front : Alaska, China-Burma-India -- Flight Nurse Image in Mind and Media -- Challenges of Wartime Flight Nursing -- Epilogue -- Appendix: Unpublished Flight Nurse Interviews with the Author.
- United States. Army—Nurses—History—20th century
- United States. Army Nurse Corps—History
- United States. Army Air Forces—History
- World War, 1939-1945—Medical care—United States
- Aviation nursing—United States—History—20th century
- Transport of sick and wounded—United States—History—20th century
- Nurses—United States—History—20th century
- World War, 1939-1945—Participation, Female
- 9781606351543 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 263-269) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22102387