Atlantida [sound recording] / Falla
- Falla, Manuel de, 1876-1946
- Uniform Title:
- Atlàntida. Italian
- [Place of publication not identified] : Opera d'oro, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 2 audio discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Halffter, Ernesto, 1905-1989, Verdaguer, Jacint, 1845-1902, Martínez Sierra, Gregorio, 1881-1947, Stratas, Teresa, Simionato, Giulietta, Halley, Gustavo, Browne, Roger, Schippers, Thomas, Berganza, Teresa, Argenta, Ataúlfo, Falla, Manuel de, 1876-1946. Selections, Teatro alla Scala, and Radiodiffusion-Télévision française. Orchestre national
- Language Note:
- The 1st work sung in Italian or Latin; vocal portions of the 2nd work sung in Spanish.
Program notes ( p.) in container.
- Atlantida -- El amor brujo : (suite).
- The 1st work an unfinished opera, completed by Ernesto Halffter; the 2nd work a suite from the ballet.
Libretto of the 1st work adapted by the composer from the narrative poem by Jacint Verdaguer; text of the 2nd work by Gregorio Martínez Sierra.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st work: Teresa Stratas as Queen Isabella ; Giulietta Simionato as Pirene ; Gustavo Halley as Christopher Columbus ; Roger Browne as Ercole (Alcide) ; La Scala Theater Orchestra & Chorus ; Thomas Schippers, conductor. In the 2nd work: Teresa Berganza, mezzo-soprano ; French National Orchestra ; Ataulfo Argenta, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded June 18, 1962, Milan (1st work), and Feb. 21, 1957, Paris (2nd work).
- Source of Acquisition:
- University Park copy: Purchased with funds from the John C. Farrell Libraries Endowment in Music, 20011019.
View MARC record | catkey: 2210250