Brazil in twenty-first century popular media [electronic resource] : culture, politics, and nationalism on the world stage / edited by Naomi Pueo Wood
- Lanham : Lexington Books, c2014.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 203 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Wood, Naomi Pueo
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: re-staging Brazil: 21st century inquiries / by Naomi Pueo Wood -- 21st century Brazilian myths: representations of the nation. How to be a good Brazilian: the image of Brazil in contemporary American cinema / by Gabriela Antunes -- Constructing a new national myth in contemporary Brazilian film / by Carolina Rocha -- Internal contradictions: new Brazilian cinema, documentary film, and telenovelas. Confinement and violence in the streets of new Brazilian cinema / by Aline Frey -- A cosmética da fome: the staging of poverty in recent arts-focused documentary film / by Naomi Pueo Wood -- Centering the margins: the modern favela in the Brazilian telenovela / by Cacilda Rêgo -- Combating social inequalities. Brazil at a socio-cinematic crossroads: state intervention on screen / by Mercedes Vazquez -- Offline dimensions of online favela youth reactions to human rights violations before the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro / by Leonardo Custódio -- The MST and its educational program on the world stage / by Anthony Pahnke -- Conclusion: Gingando e Jogando o Jeito Brasileiro: playing Brazil / by Naomi Pueo Wood.
- 9780739186916 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22102509