Coffee and transformation in São Paulo, Brazil [electronic resource] / Mauricio A. Font
- Font, Mauricio A. (Mauricio Augusto)
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2010.
- New ed.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 377 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Planters and independent agriculture -- Elite mobilization and policy-making -- Coffee and industrialization -- A changing polity -- From export sector segmentation to power struggle -- Coffee and the revolution of 1930 -- From contention to revolution -- Demise of an old regime -- Conclusion: A great transformation in São Paulo.
- 9780739147504 (cloth : alk. paper)
0739147501 (cloth : alk. paper)
- "Previously published under title: Coffee, contention, and change in the making of modern Brazil"--T.p. verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22102961