Culturally sensitive narrative interventions for immigrant children and adolescents [electronic resource] / Giselle B. Esquivel, Geraldine V. Oades-Sese, Marguerite L. Jarvis
- Esquivel, Giselle B.
- Lanham, Md. : University Press of America, Inc., 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 66 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Oades-Sese, Geraldine V. and Jarvis, Marguerite L.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Culturally-linguistically diverse and immigrant children : stressors of migration and the acculturation process -- A culturally sensitive stress-resilience model -- Theoretical bases of narrative therapy -- Culturally sensitive narrative interventions -- Multicultural narratives and puppetry : educational applications -- Appendix A. Sample script -- Appendix B. Puppet construction and resources.
- This book provides scholarly and applied perspectives on culturally sensitive narrative interventions for culturally diverse and immigrant children and adolescents. A resilience model and strengths-based approach form the basis for responding to stressorsof migration and the acculturation process through the use of narrative, storytelling, drawings, and puppetry techniques. The authors emphasize and illustrate the need to incorporate evidence-based approaches and cultural understanding when developing and implementing narrative educational and therapeutic interventions.
- 9780761850342 and 0761850341
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22103348