Damned if you do [electronic resource] : dilemmas of action in literature and popular culture / edited by Margaret S. Hrezo and John M. Parrish
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 222 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hrezo, Margaret S. and Parrish, John M.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Moral dilemmas and the narrative arts / Margaret S. Hrezo and John M. Parrish -- Dilemmas of stability and regime change. The Deadwood dilemma: freedom versus law / Paul Cantor -- Political assassination in popular fiction and political thought: Trotsky, Arendt, and Stephen King / Charles Turner -- Dilemmas of public leadership. Of Hobbits and Hoplites: dilemmas of Leadership in Aeschylus' The suppliants and J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings / A. Craig Waggaman -- Defining dilemmas down: the case of 24 / John M. Parrish -- Dilemmas of institutional evil. Modes of moral reasoning in Uncle Tom's Cabin / Joel Johnson -- The crisis of slavery in Harry Potter / Susan McWilliams -- Dilemmas of community and choice. Responsible life in Paradise / Margaret S. Hrezo -- Amoral dilemmas and the temptation to tyranny in A simple plan / Travis D. Smith.
- 9780739138137 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0739138138 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22103384