Dynamics of production in the Ancient Near East [electronic resource] : 1300-500 BC / edited by Juan Carlos Moreno García
- Conference Author:
- European Science Foundation Exploratory Workshop on "Dynamics of production and economic interaction in the Near East in the first half of the 1st millennium BCE" (2011 : Université Charles de Gaulle-Lille III)
- Oxford ; Philadelphia : Oxbow Books, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 368 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Moreno Garcia, Juan Carlos, European Science Foundation, and Université Charles de Gaulle-Lille III
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Economies in transition : trade, money, labour and nomads at the turn of the 1st millennium BC / Juan Carlos Moreno García -- Oil and wine for silver? The economic agency of the Egyptian peasant communities in the Great Oasis during the Persian Period / Damien Agut-Labordère -- Urban craftsmen and other specialists, their land holdings, and the Neo-Assyrian state / Heather D. Baker -- Beyond capitalism : conceptualising ancient trade through friction, world historical context and bazaars / Peter Fibiger Bang -- Phoenician trade : the first 300 years / Carol Bell -- The contribution of pottery production in reconstructing aspects of local rural economy at the northern frontier of the Neo-Assyrian Empire / Anacleto D'Agostino -- Silver circulation and the development of the private economy in the Assyrian Empire (9th-7th centuries BCE) : considerations on private investments, prices and prosperity levels of the imperial élite / Salvatore Gaspa -- Long-distance trade in Neo-Babylonian Mesopotamia : the effects of institutional changes / Laetitia Graslin-Thomé -- The empire of trade and the empires of force : Tyre in the Neo-Assyrian and Neo-Babylonian periods / Caroline Van der Brugge & Kristin Kleber -- Temples and agricultural labour in Egypt, from the late New Kingdom to the Saite Period* / Juan Carlos Moreno García -- North-east Africa and trade at the crossroads of the Nile Valley, the Mediterranean and the Red Sea / Robert G. Morkot -- Temples, trade and money in Egypt in the 1st millennium BC / Renate Müller-Wollermann -- From "institutional" to "private" : traders, routes and commerce from the Late Bronze Age to the Iron Age1 / Susan Sherratt -- Intercultural contacts between Egypt and the Arabian Peninsula at the turn of the 2nd to the 1st millennium BCE / Gunnar Sperveslage -- Interactions between temple, king and local elites : the han-û land schemes in Babylonia (8th-6th centuries BC) / John P. Nielsen and Caroline Waerzeggers -- Organisation and financing of trade and caravans in the Near East / Jean-Baptiste Yon -- Aegean economies from Bronze Age to Iron Age : some lines of development, 13th-7th centuries BC / Julien Zurbach.
- 9781785702839 (pbk.)
- This volume presents the results of the European Science Foundation (ESF) Exploratory Workshop entitled "Dynamics of production and economic interaction in the Near East in the first half of the 1st millennium BCE", which was held at the University Charles-de-Gaulle Lille 3, 28-30 June 2011 -- Introduction.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 22103795