The end of authority [electronic resource] : how a loss of legitimacy and broken trust are endangering our future / Douglas E. Schoen
- Schoen, Douglas E., 1953-
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2013.
- Physical Description:
- v, 261 pages: illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : the crisis of authority -- Why the crisis of authority matters -- Documenting and understanding the loss of trust -- How trust works in democracies and autocracies -- Broken trust in democracies and autocracies -- Income inequality and the crisis of capitalism -- Income inequality : what's causing it, why it matters, and what to do -- Political corruption and crony capitalism -- The rise of anti-systemic politics : Europe and the United States -- The rise of anti-systemic politics : Russia, India, the Middle East, and Africa -- Technology : builder and betrayer of trust -- The need for bold solutions -- Conclusion : no time to lose.
- 9781442220317 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9781442220324 (electronic)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22104035