Explaining culture [electronic resource] : the social pursuit of subjective order / Loren Demerath
- Demerath, Loren, 1962-
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- x, 151 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Alienation and anomia as a basis for theorizing culture -- Knowledge-based affect and the pleasures of order -- Putting our selves in order: an epistemological identity theory -- The social pursuit of meaningfulness: an epistemological theory of culture -- The pursuit of meaningfulness through epistemological conversation chapter six conditions for community and culture -- Network position, knowledge-based affect, and cultural manipulation -- Conclusion.
- 9780739116388 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22104283