Health inequalities [electronic resource] : critical perspectives / edited by Katherine E. Smith, Sarah Hill, and Clare Bambra
- Uniform Title:
- Health inequalities (Smith)
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2016.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvi, 314 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, Katherine E., Hill, Sarah, 1972-, and Bambra, C. (Clare)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Background and introduction: UK experiences of health inequalities / Katherine E. Smith, Clare Bambra, and Sarah Hill -- Reflections on the legacy of British health inequalities research / Mel Bartley and David Blane -- Nordic health inequalities: patterns, trends, and policies / Espen Dahl and Kjetil A. van der Wel -- Reflections on the UK's legacy of health inequalities: research and policy from a North American perspective / Dennis Raphael and Toba Bryant -- Reflections on the UK legacy of health inequities research, from the perspective of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) / Johanna Hanefeld -- Contrasting views on ways forward for health inequalities research / Katherine E. Smith and Kayleigh Garthwaite -- Axes of health inequalities and intersectionality / Sarah Hill -- Beyond 'health': why don't we tackle the cause of health inequalities? / Margaret Douglas -- Neoliberalism and health inequalities / Chik Collins, Gerry McCartney, and Lisa Garnham -- Health inequalities in England's changing public health system / David J. Hunter and Linda Marks -- The equity implications of health system change in the UK / Mark Hellowell and Maximilian Ralston -- All in it together? Health inequalities, austerity, and the 'Great Recession' / Clare Bambra ... [et al.] -- Industrial epiemics and inequalities: the commercial sector as a structural driver of inequalities in non-communicable diseases / Jeff Collin and Sarah Hill -- Place, space, and health inequalities / Jamie Pearce, Rich Mitchell, and Niamh Shortt-- The politics of tackling inequalities: the rise of psychological fundamentalism in public health and welfare reform / Lynne Friedli -- Knowledge of the everyday: confronting the causes of health inequalities / Eva Elliott, Jennie Popay, and Gareth Williams -- Socio-structural violence against the poor / Jane Jones and Cathy McCormack -- For the good of the cause: generating evidence to inform social policies that reduce health inequalities / Ben Barr, Clare Bambra, and Katherine E. Smith -- Influencing policy with research : public health advocacy and health inequalities / Katherine E. Smith ... [et al.] -- The spirit level: a case study of the public dissemination of health inequalities research / Kate Pickett and Richard Wilkinson -- Conclusion: where next for advocates, researchers, and policymakers trying to tackle health inequalities? / Katherine E. Smith, Sarah Hill, and Clare Bambra.
- 9780198703358 (paperback) and 019870335X (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22104996