Play and playfulness [electronic resource] : developmental, cultural, and clinical aspects / edited by Monisha C. Akhtar
- Lanham, Md. : Jason Aronson, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 234 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Akhtar, Monisha C., 1954-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Self-other action play : a window into the representational world of the infant / Anni Bergman and Ilene Sackler Lefcourt -- Fathers and play / James Herzog -- Adolescence as a time to play / Christine Kieffer -- Neurotic inhibitions of play / M. Hossein Etezady -- Normal and pathological playfulness / Salman Akhtar -- Remembering, replaying, and working through : the transformation of trauma in children's play / Monisha C. Akhtar -- Cultural pathways to understanding children's play : mythology and folklore / Daniel M.A. Freeman -- Playing for survival during the Holocaust / Ira Brenner -- Play and creativity / Lucy Daniels -- Play and track II diplomacy / Vamik Volkan -- Aggression in children : origins, manifestations, and management through play / Mali Mann -- Play and very young children in object relations family therapy / Jill Scharff -- Playfulness in the adult analytic relationship / Melvin Bornstein.
- 9780765707604 (cloth : alk. paper)
0765707608 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780765707628 (electronic : alk. paper)
0765707624 (electronic : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 209-221) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22107563