The politics of religion in Soviet-occupied Germany [electronic resource] : the case of Berlin-Brandenburg, 1945-1949 / Sean Brennan
- Brennan, Sean (Sean Philip), 1979-
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxix, 235 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The brown dictatorship before the red: the German churches under national socialism -- The question of the CDU and the churches during the period of the "antifascist transformation, "1945-1947 -- The Volkscongress movement and the end of the CDU's political independence, December 1946 -October1949 -- "Unity schools are secular schools": the struggle over religious education in the secondary schools of Berlin Brandenburg -- The competition between socialist and religious youth and women's organizations in Berlin-Brandenburg -- The conflict over charitable activity by the evangelical and Catholic churches in Berlin-Brandenburg -- "Christianity and Marxism are not in opposition": the propaganda offensive in East Germany concerning "religious freedom" under communism -- The Allied Religious Affairs Committee and the impossibility of a united religious policy for Germany.
- Christianity and politics—Germany—Berlin—History—20th century
- Christianity and politics—Germany—Brandenburg (State)—History—20th century
- Communism and Christianity—Germany—Berlin—History
- Communism and Christianity—Germany—Brandenburg (State)—History
- Berlin (Germany)—Church history—1945-
- Brandenburg (Germany : State)—Church history—1945-
- 9780739151259 (cloth : alk. paper)
0739151258 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22107635