Social media [electronic resource] : pedagogy and practice / edited by Kehbuma Langmia, Tia C.M. Tyree, Pamela O'Brien, Ingrid Sturgis
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Using Social Media and Creating Social Media Courses / Tia C.M. Tyree -- Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, and Media-Sharing Sites in the Classroom / Jennifer B. Cox -- Teaching Computational Literacy Through Game Design / Ingrid Sturgis & Todd Shurn -- Social Media and Critical Pedagogy / Kehbuma Langmia & Stella-Monica Mpande -- How to Do Communication Research Using Social Media Data / William B. Hart & Erica C. Taylor -- Conducting Research Utilizing Social Media: Best Practices / Jamie Cohen & Paul Mihailidis -- African Americans and Social Media / Jayne Cubbage -- The Seven Sisters and Their Siblings Go Digital : An Analysis of Women's Magazine Content on Websites, iPads, and Cell Phones / Yanick Rice Lamb & Kendra Desrosiers -- Social Branding of College Students to Seek Employment / Jamila A Cupid & S. Lenise Wallace -- Social Media, Law, and Practice / Angela D. Minor Esq. -- Participatory Media Impact on the Arab Spring / Adam Klein -- Social Media and Participatory Communication : The UNDP and the Diffusion of Empowerment / Nickesia S. Gordon -- Cock Crow in the "Electronic Republic:" Social Media and Kenya's 2013 Presidential Election / Kehbuma Langmia.
- This text examines how interactive technologies can be applied to teaching, research and the practice of communication. This book demonstrates how social media can be utilized in the classroom to build the skillsets of students going into journalism, public relations, integrated marketing, and other communications fields.
- 9780761861959 (paperback), 0761861955 (paperback), 9780761861966 (ebook), and 0761861963 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 22108664