The Irish-American experience in New Jersey and Metropolitan New York [electronic resource] : cultural identity, hybridity, and commemoration / [edited by] Marta Mestrovic Deyrup and Maura Grace Harrington
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 199 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Deyrup, Marta Mestrovic and Harrington, Maura Grace
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The Irish in the Church of Newark / Augustine J. Curley, O.S.B -- "Keeping the tradition alive" / Bill Rogers and Nicole Anderson -- Perspectives on the Easter Rising / Maura Grace Harrington -- Irish immigration to the United States in the 20th century / Linda Dowling Almeida -- American Irish in service to community & country: a vocational & New Jersey perspective / Alan Delozier -- An Irish-American politician: Governor Richard Hughes / John B. Wefing -- The writing Irish / Ray O'Hanlon -- Music in the mountains: the Irish Catskills and traditional music / Brendan Dolan -- "With pick and shovel": commemorating the workers who died building the Delaware and Raritan Canal, 1830-1834 / Paul Ferris.
- Irish Americans—New Jersey—History
- Irish Americans—New York Metropolitan Area—History
- Immigrants—New Jersey—History
- Immigrants—New York Metropolitan Area—History
- New Jersey—Emigration and immigration—History
- New York Metropolitan Area—Emigration and immigration—History
- Ireland—Emigration and immigration—History
- 9780739187814 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9780739187821 (electronic)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22109129