The Vienna Summit and its importance in international history [electronic resource] / edited by Günter Bischof, Stefan Karner, and Barbara Stelzl-Marx
- The Harvard Cold War studies book series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: the Vienna Summit and its importance in international history / Günter Bischof, Stefan Karner, Barbara Stelzl-Marx -- Summitry in the twentieth century: an overview / David Reynolds -- "The first test of [. . .] détente will be the Berlin negotiation": Berlin, disarmament, and the 1960 Paris Summit / Richard D. Williamson -- "Vienna, a city that is symbolic of the possibility of finding equitable solutions": John F. Kennedy and his European summitry in early June 1961 / Günter Bischof and Martin Kofler -- Great Britain and the Vienna Summit of June 1961 / Anne Deighton -- Paris as beneficiary of the unsuccessful Vienna Summit / Georges-Henri Soutou -- Soviet-American relations in the early 1960s / Vladimir Pechatnov -- Between pragmatism and ideology: the U.S.-Soviet negotiating process in the Khrushchev era / Olga Pavlenko -- Casting a long shadow over Vienna: the Chinese factor in the Vienna Summit / Michail Prozumenshchikov -- Laos and the Vienna Summit / Lawrence Freedman -- Two days of drama: preparation and execution of the Vienna Summit / Barbara Stelzl-Marx -- A difficult education: John F. Kennedy and Nikita S. Khrushchev in Vienna / Timothy Naftali -- "Summit ladies": gender arrangements, media staging, and symbolic scenes of the 1961 Vienna Summit talks / Ingrid Bauer -- Moral masculinity: gender, power, and the Kennedy-Khrushchev relationship / Jennifer Lynn Walton -- On the significance of Austrian neutrality for Soviet foreign policy under Nikita S. Khrushchev / Peter Ruggenthaler -- The personal recollections of a presidential adviser in Vienna / Ted Sorensen -- The personal recollections of Khrushchev's interpreter in Vienna / Viktor Sukhodrev -- Khrushchev, the Berlin Wall, and the demand for a peace treaty, 1961-1963 / Gerhard Wettig -- The Vienna Summit and the construction of the Berlin Wall / Manfred Wilke.
- 9780739185568 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9780739185575 (electronic)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 503-509) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22109588