The western devaluation of knowledge [electronic resource] / Charles B. Osburn
- Osburn, Charles B.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 299 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: the ways and means of cultural change -- Science, industry and the invention of a new worldview -- Management as cultural authority -- The cultural values of work and leisure -- The strategy & spirit of capitalism -- From material need to consumer culture -- Higher learning as marketplace -- Globalization of the tightening systems knot -- Time to think -- Balancing values through cultural change -- Progress and myth -- Knowledge devalued: summary & conclusions.
- 9781442228795 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-285) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22109693