Think like a data scientist : tackle the data science process step-by-step / Brian Godsey
- Godsey, Brian
- Shelter Island : Manning, 
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 306 pages ; 24 cm
- Part 1. Preparing and gathering data and knowledge. Philosophies of data science -- Setting goals by asking good questions -- Data all around us: the virtual wilderness -- Data wrangling: from capture to domestication -- Data assessment: poking and prodding -- Part 2. Building a product with software and statistics. Developing a plan -- Statistics and modeling: concepts and foundations -- Software: statistics in action -- Supplementary software: bigger, faster, more efficient -- Plan execution: putting it all together -- Part 3. Finishing off the product and wrapping up. Delivering a product -- After product delivery: problems and revisions -- Wrapping up: putting the project away.
- Think Like a Data Scientist presents a step-by-step approach to data science, combining analytic, programming, and business perspectives into easy-to-digest techniques and thought processes for solving real world data-centric problems. -- Provided by publisher.
- 9781633430273 and 1633430278
- Includes index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the James and Joyce Gettys Libraries Endowment in the Math Library and in the School of Information Sciences and Technology; 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 22110790