Language processing and simultaneous interpreting : interdisciplinary perspectives / edited by Birgitta Englund Dimitrova, Kenneth Hyltenstam
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia, PA : J. Benjamins Pub. Co., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 164 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Englund Dimitrova, Birgitta, 1946-, Hyltenstam, Kenneth, and International Symposium on Language Processing and Interpreting (1997 : Stockholm, Sweden)
- Working memory and language processing / Alan Baddeley -- Prerequisites to a study of neurolinguistic processes involved in simultaneous interpreting : a synopsis / Michel Paradis -- Attentional mechanisms and the language acquisition device : reflections on communication and developmental processes / Michael Sharwood Smith -- Perceptual foreign accent and its relevance for simultaneous interpreting / Robert McAllister -- Simultaneous interpreting as language production / Kees de Bot -- Issues in interdisciplinary research into conference interpreting / Daniel Gile --Searching to define expertise in interpreting / Barbara Moser-Mercer ... [et al.] -- Phonological interference in interpeters of spoken-languages : an issue of storage or process? / William P. Isham -- The computer-based transcription of simultaneous interpreting / Bernd Meyer.
- Papers presented at the International Symposium on Language Processing and Interpreting, held in Stockholm in February 1997.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2211225